Podcast Description

An educational, international, inspirational and super-danceable journey through sound

04 June 2013

Radio Show 4-18-13

Greetings, listeners!  You've got a very special podcast to listen to here.  In honor of National Library Week, way back in April, I did an hour-long radio show exclusively using songs I'd borrowed from the Santa Fe Public Library.  I'm really proud of this show -- it may be as close as I'll ever come to literacy activism, if there is such a thing.

If you like what you hear (or even if you don't) I encourage you to browse the music selection at your own local library.  You might be surprised by what you find!

Here's what I found:

1. Lollipop - The Chordettes
2. Cumbanchero - Rubén González
3. Tchimurenga Zimbabwe - Sam Mangwana
4. Drive it Home - Snooks Eaglin
5. Marimba Song - Amampondo
6. Tiris Nibreeha - Tiris
7. Samba Triste - Ana de Holanda
8. Canaveral - De Madera
9. Fools Fall in Love - Dennis Brown
10. Ba E Soro - Omogo & The Res Q Ranjazz Family
11. Tomorrow Robins Will Sing - Stevie Wonder
12. Soy sólo para tí - Victor Boa y su Música
13. I Can Understand It - New Birth

Share often, and enjoy even more frequently...Radio Show 4-18-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment